- October 18, 2009: Submissions due
- November 22, 2009: Notification of acceptance
- TBA, 2009: Final versions due
CSCW 2010 will include an interactive poster category for late-breaking and preliminary results, smaller results not suitable for a full or short paper, innovative ideas not yet validated through user studies, early student research, and other research best presented in an interactive forum.
Posters will be presented in a special Poster Session where researchers will interact directly with conference attendees. The posters will then remain up throughout the remainder of the conference.
Accepted Interactive Poster abstracts will be published in the Conference Supplement that will be circulated to attendees at registration. Poster abstracts will not be incorporated into the main CSCW 2010 Conference Proceedings.
Interactive Poster Submission Requirements
Interactive Poster submissions should include an extended abstract no longer than 2 pages, including all figures and references. In addition, submissions should also include a separate Tabloid sized draft of the poster for review purposes. A Tabloid is an 11 × 17 inches format. Please submit the 2-page paper in PDF format and name this file
ContactAuthorsLastName.pdf. Please submit the poster draft in PDF format and name this file
ContactAuthorsLastName_poster.pdf. Both the extended abstract and the poster draft should include author names (not anonymous submission).
Please submit in SIGCHI format; if you have already sent it in ACM format, that is acceptable. The final camera-ready version must be in SIGCHI format.
Interactive poster abstract submissions should be e-mailed to the Interactive Poster Co-Chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org. All attachments must be less than 5MB. If your poster draft is over 5MB, please email the co-chairs with your 2-page extended abstract attached, and a URL from where the poster draft can be downloaded. Any questions regarding this process or from complications due to large files can be directed to email@example.com. All submissions must be received by the chairs by 11:00pm (23:00) PDT on Sunday, October 18, 2009. Submissions received after this date/time will not be considered. All submissions will be acknowledged by email.
All questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interactive Poster Abstract Authoring Tips
The following tips may help you prepare a successful Poster abstract:
- State the contribution and originality of your work clearly and explicitly: What is the problem? How does your approach help? Why is it better than other available approaches?
- Interactive posters abstracts may be chosen based on either the significance of the problem or the originality of your approach.
- Focus on the contribution of your work rather than the background, including just enough background to make clear how your work differs from significant prior research.
- Include the major graphical elements that will likely be used in the poster itself.
Interactive Posters Co-Chairs
- Regan Mandryk University of Saskatchewan
- Darren Gergle Northwestern University